2.18.2011

AREtsy Featured Shop: Shelly's Crafting

Diaper Bag - All-Purpose Bag
Photos Courtesy of Shelly's Crafting
Tell us a little bit about yourself:

I am a 26 year old mother of two. I have a 3 year old son named Gracen and a 7 month old daughter named Patience. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Warren, for six years. I live in Centerton, AR.  I enjoy sewing and crafting, singing in my church choir, loving on my kiddos, and hanging out with friends.

Tell us a little bit about your shop:

I love kiddos!! So, my shop is full of creations for all those cute kiddos out there!

In Order: Spring Garden Burpy Set,
Garden Argyle Boutique Burpy Duo,
Boys Polka Dot Boutique Burpy Pack
How did you become interested or involved in your craft or art?

I have always loved crafting, but never thought I would be able to use it to make money. When I had my first child, I was working full time.  I missed my son terribly during that time and I prayed that the Lord would provide a way for me to financially be able to stay home with my son.  Now, three years and a daughter later, I am a stay at home mom babysitting part-time and working to build my Etsy business.


How did you find Etsy?


I stumbled across Etsy when I was searching online for a way to be able to sell some of my handmade items.

When you made your first sell...what did you REALLY do?

Called my very supportive husband and my very best friend to share the news!!!

What is one thing that you have learned through your experience as an Etsy member that has impacted you as a person?

That "I can do it." Years ago I would have never thought I would be making and selling items on the internet. I would have never had the confidence to do it. But, Etsy has provided a way for me to sell my items and each time I sell an item and I receive positive feedback it boost my self esteem and make me want to run to my craft room and try something new.

Has another shop, blogger or website inspired you or helped to shape your vision for your own shop (like a muse)?

Most shops I see are inspiring and I can learn so much from all the other Etsy members.

Do you promote your shop in any way? Please, share!

I have lots of friends and family that are very supportive and hand out business cards for me.  Some even take items of mine to work with them to sell.  I also have a Fanpage on Facebook.

(finish the following sentence)
This year I would like to accomplish...
my 100th sell on Etsy!!

Double Layer Twirl Skirt
Finally, just for fun, list 5 of your favorite movies, 5 of your favorite bands and your most favorite thing in the world to eat!

Movies
Facing the Giants
Love Dare
Twilight Movies
The Notebook

Favorite Bands
Mercy Me
FFH
Avalon
Casting Crowns

Favorite Thing to Eat:  Taco Salad

2 comments:

Ekio Locatiare said...

Adorable shop!
Best of luck on that 100th sale, I wish you that and many more. ^_^

Cheryl Allison said...

Lovely items! I see that Shelly used some of my favorite fabrics. Thanks for sharing.