6.11.2012

The power of Triberr!

I am constantly trying to find special little things that will help us cross promote and increase our customer base!

When I started my own blog I wanted to only blog about sewing, but I found myself talking more and more about all the random things that happened to me and things that I thought needed to be said. Therefore as time has gone on I have blogged about a variety of things, and developed online friends that are also bloggers.

I began to follow these bloggers on Twitter and make more and more contact. I began to notice that every day I would see tweets that gave the name of some blog post, the link to the post and then said "via @twittername". I thought these guys have some sort of financial agreement to do this for each other as a way to cross promote and increase viewership to their individual blogs.

I finally asked one of them what was the deal, and discovered they are not paying each other it is a website called Triberr that once you join the site you join "tribes". The tribes consist of people with like minded things, or not in some cases.

When you join you upload the RSS feed URL for your blog, your Twitter information, and your Facebook information. Then you join the tribes you want to join!

Each morning I log into Tribber and click the "Approve" button for all of my tribe mates blog posts that have uploaded since the day before. I look to see if there are some posts I have already promoted that I would like to promote again and click to send those again.

Then through out the day on a time schedule I give it, Triberr automatically tweets the promotional tweets of my tribemates. So I am active on twitter a lot that it isn't actually me, and all my tribe mates are promoting my blog as well!

It's like multi-level marketing for bloggers and tweeters! Don't worry we won't kick you out if you don't promote the "family".

I have set up a Tribe on Triberr for Sweety Darlin's AREtsy Tribe, and we have two members besides myself at this time. I would love to add more members so that we can start to cross promote daily!

It did take me about an hour of fiddling to get things set up the way I liked it, but that was also because I had to research how to find the RSS code for my blog. Now it is a minute each morning and done!

I have seen increased traffic, not necessarily increased sales, but that is because I haven't been talking about my sewing much lately! Some of the things I have been working on my clients have asked me to keep under wraps until the item makes it's debut. I can live with that.

Look it up and check it out!

1 comment:

Dino Dogan said...

Thnx for talking us up :-)

This is def the right way to build tribes. Sourcing the members from your own blog audience is the way to go.

Also, there is an agreement to cross promote, but it's not financial. As a platform, we strive for a balance between quality and reciprocity. If you write an amazing post, people will be ecstatic to promote it, Triberr just gives you a leg up on all that.

Thnx again, and I'll see you around Bonfires :-)